CRRI is one of the institutes of ICAR under Crop Science Division. The Institute has two research stations, one at Hazaribag, Jharkhand for carrying out rice research on rainfed upland ecologies and the other at Gerua, Assam for carrying out rice research on flood prone rainfed lowland ecologies. Two Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) also function under the administrative control of CRRI. The KVKs are located at Santhapur, Cuttack, Odisha and Jainagar, Koderma, Jharkhand.
Tuesday, 1 September 2015
Applications are invited for a purely temporary post of Junior Research Fellow in a project funded by DST entitled"Genomic approach to develop high density single nucleotide polymorphism markers in Bhut jolokia (Capsicum chinense) for mapping and identification of genes for economically important traits"
- Qualification required: M.Sc in any branch of biological science/ Bioinformatics with prior experience in NGS data analysis of transcriptome /gene expression, marker genotyping (SSRs/SNP), gene mapping, Protein extraction and analysis in 2D Gel electrophoresis. The candidate should be CSIR/UGC/NET qualified; however candidates graduated with subjects in which no NET exam is conducted by UGC are exempted.
- Fellowship amount : As per DST rules
- Tenure : The position is purely temporary, renewable after every six months and will continue until July, 2017 (the end of project) based on satisfactory performance.
- Application Deadline: Application will be accepted till 10th September, 2015
The hard copy of the applications along with the copy of biodata, prior publication should reach to Dr. Nirala Ramchiary, Room No 229, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-110067, INDIA. Soft copy of the application will not be accepted.
Senior Research Fellow (SRF) - 01 Post
- Project Sub-Title: Synthetic Genomics: Making sense out of 'junk' DNA
M.Sc in Bioinformatics, with minimum 2 year research experience, specialization in microRNA, molecular modelling, systems and/or Synthetic biology with publication in the relevant area would be desirable.
- Investigator: Prof. Pawan Kumar Dhar
- Fellowship: Rs. 14000+30% HRA p.m.
Postdoctoral Fellow (PDF) - 01 Post
- Project Sub-Title: "Structure, function, and dynamics of biomolecules and Molecular engineering"
- Essential Qualifications:
PhD in Science(Bioinformatics/Computational Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, & Statistics), specialized in the area of Computational Biology/Structural Bioinformatics/ Quantum Chemistry/Molecular Dynamics & Simulation /Systems Biology , reflected by thesis topics and or publication of papers during PhD and/or Post doctoral experience.
- Desirable Qualifications:
Computational methods and designing experience in the field of Structure based or ligand based drug design, Chemoinformatics, Programming capabilities as required for developing tools in the computational & systems Biology.
- Investigator: Prof. Indira Ghosh, SCIS
Salary: Rs. 22, 000 + 30% HRA
- (Note: Revised emoluments shall be payable if Educational Qualifications or Eligibility Criteria as per DST OM No. A.20020/11/97-IFD dated 31-03-2010 are met by the research personnel)
Eligible candidates are invited for a walk-in-interview for recruitment of Teaching Assistant in the Department of Bioinformatics on 8.08.2015 at 10 A.M. in the Committee Hall, SVIMS, Tirupati. The candidates have to attend with all original certificates of qualification, experience on the date of interview. The engagement will be made purely on adhoc basis for a period of 6 months and it can be terminated at any time without notice or without assigning any reason thereof. This is purely an adhoc appointment and the candidate will not have any right to claim permanent benefits of any kind.
|Remuneration||Rs. 12000/- per month (consolidated)|
M.Sc./M.Tech. Bioinformatics (preference will be given to the candidates with BINC / NET / GATE /Bioinformatics DBT-Traineeship / Studentship and\teaching experience)
|Place of work||Department of Bioinformatics, SVIMS, Tirupati|
|No. of Position||One|
Terms and conditions:
- Candidates are required to submit the Biodata, attested copies of relevant certificates in support of their age, educational qualification, experience etc., before the interview committee, SVIMS University, Tirupati.
- No TA / DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- Interim enquiries will not be entertained.
- The maximum age limit for Teaching Assistant is 34 years as on 8th August, 2015.
- The tenure of will be further extended subject to performance of the incumbent.
Friday, 28 August 2015
About Indian Institute of Wheat And Barley Research,KarnalDirectorate of Wheat Research (DWR) through All India Coordinated Wheat and Barley Improvement Project (AICW & BIP) is coordinating the multidisciplinary and multilocational activities of varietal improvement, resource management and crop protection technologies across the diverse ecosystems for increasing and stabilizing the barley production. As a nodal institute, DWR facilitates planning, exchange of experimental material, monitoring the trial/activities, data compilation and documentation. At present 120 scientists from 30 funded centers and 174 scientists from 123 non-funded co-operating centers are carrying out the planned activities. In addition to this, as a key component of national steering Committee, the DWR plays a crucial role in formulating strategies to ensure sustainable improvement in the productivity of Rice-Wheat System. Adoption of molecular approach to complement conventional wheat improvement programme is one of the recent initiatives taken up by DWR through a research network project. Research capabilities and facilities are being strengthened through various network projects to enhance output of competent research centers under AICW & BIP.
DWR Invocation song
ICAR Plan Project “Consortia Research Platform (CRP) on Biofortification”
|Name of the Project’s PI||Rquirement of the Post||Qty||Qualification||Salary||Duration||Desirable||Date|
|Dr. Sewa Ram||Senior Research Fellow||4||M.Sc in Plant Biochemistry/ Genetics and Plant Breeding/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics with 4 years/5 years of Bachelor Degree Or M.Sc. in Plant in Biochemistry/ Genetics and Plant Breeding/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformtics with 3 years Bachelor Degree and NET qualified||Rs. 25000/- + @ 10% HRA||-||Experience of working in molecular techniques||01-09-15|
“Molecular genetic analysis of resistance/tolerance to different stresses in rice, wheat chickpea and mustard including sheath blight complex genomics –Component: wheat Project”
|Name of the Project’s PI||Rquire ment of the Post||Qty.||Qualification||Salary||Duration||Desirable||Date & Time|
|Dr. Sindhu Sareen||SRF||1||M.Sc. Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics||Rs. 25000 + 10% HRA for candidates having Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with 4 years / 5 years of Bachelor’s degree or post graduate degree in Basic Sciences with 3 years Bachelor’s degree and 2 years Master’s degee with NET qualification Rs. 16000 + 10% HRA for candidate having post graduate degree in Basic Sciences with 3 years Bachelor’s degree and 2 years Master’s degree without NET Qualification||July 2015 to March 2017||Experience in wheat biotechnology; Basic knowledge of computer applications||02-09-15 10.30 a.m.|
Rquirement of the Post @ ICAR-IIWBR
Thursday, 27 August 2015
PhD in Aquatic BiogeochemistryResolving the Organic Carbon Budget of a salmonid humic lakeApplications are invited for a full-time three year PhD research position in Dundalk Institute of Technology (DkIT), Ireland, in conjunction with the Irish Marine Institute. The position can commence anytime up to Dec 2015 but preferably as soon as feasible.
Waters draining peat catchments are generally coloured due to high levels of dissolved organic carbon. This carbon can represent the main carbon source to downstream lakes and therefore fuel the lake foodweb. Human activities have greatly modified global carbon exchange between the atmosphere, land and freshwater bodies in recent decades, including in peatland catchments.Knowledge about the redistribution of this carbon is crucial, not only to understand global cycling,but for mitigation and management in affected catchments. This project will investigate the carbon cycle in a humic catchment, building on work that already been undertaken in the Burrishoole catchment, Mayo.
Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Applicants should have a good primary degree (First or Upper Second Class Honours) or M.Sc. in an appropriate discipline (e.g. Environmental Science, Environmental Biology, Biology). The successful candidate should possess a knowledge of catchment processes, have some lab-based experience inwater or sediment analysis, a knowledge of multivariate statistical analysis, and be highly selfmotivated.
NOTE: A full EU driving licence is also essential.
- Funding is through a Marine Institute Cullen Fellowship and provides a 3-year stipend of €16,000 per annum plus fees (appropriate for EU students studying at DkIT) and the position can commence anytime up to Dec 2015 but preferably as soon as feasible. The student will primarily be based in the Marine Institute facility in Burrishoole, Newport, Co. Mayo, and will also use the facilities of the Centre for Freshwater and Environmental Studies, Dundalk Institute of Technology. The successful candidate will be registered as a full time research student in DkIT, working under the supervision of Dr Eleanor Jennings (DkIT), and Dr Elvira de Eyto (Marine Institute, Newport). The PhD degree will be awarded by Dublin City University (DCU), and the student will also be a member of the DCU-DkIT Graduate School.
For informal enquires in relation to the position please contact:
Dr Eleanor Jennings (firstname.lastname@example.org) Centre for Freshwater and Environmental Studies
Department of Applied Sciences, Dundalk Institute of Technology, Dundalk, Ireland.Application Procedure
Submit an electronic copy of Curriculum Vitae and a letter of interest simultaneously to the DkIT
Research Office at Aideen.Gaynor@dkit.ie by the 4th September 2015 at 5pm
Monday, 24 August 2015
one JRF position supported by DST sponsored project in Bioinformatics
Applications are invited for one JRF position supported by DST sponsored project in Bioinformatics with Dr. Tarun Kumar Bhatt. Title of the project: Molecular Modeling of malaria parasite ‘secretome’: A potential drug target Fellowship: Rs. 14000 consolidated Duration of project: 36 months.
- Master’s degree in Biotechnolog/Bioinformatics with minimum 55% marks. Age limit as per government rule. Candidates with good experience of molecular modeling, In-silico screening, MD simulation and database formation will be preferred. Good knowledge of Linux operating system is desirable.
- How to apply: Interested candidate can send soft copy of application in format given below to email@example.com on or before 29/08/2015.
Bioinformatics Recruitment @ CDFD
1. Project Associate/Research Associate :
Minimum qualifications: Ph.D. in Physics / Chemistry / Life Science / Biotechnology / Genetics / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Bioinformatics from recognized University / Institute.
M.V.Sc./ M.Pharm./ M.E./ M.Tech. having three years of research, teaching and design and development experience
2. Project–Junior Research Fellow/ Senior Research Fellow/ Project Assistant
Minimum qualifications: M.Sc. in Basic Science (Physics / Chemistry / Life Science / Biotechnology / Genetics / Biochemistry / Microbiology / Bioinformatics / Medicinal Chemistry) or M. Pharm or M. Tech from recognized University / Institute with experience in research.
At present, the following Projects have vacancies in Bioinformatics:
iii. Virtual Centre of Excellence of multidisciplinary approaches aimed at interventions against Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Phase - II)
- Duration:25.03.2015 to 24.03.2020
- PI:Dr. Sangita Mukhopadhyay
- Position:Project Assistant - 1
- Emoluments:15,000/- pm (Consolidated)
- Essential Qualifications:As mentioned in minimum qualifications under Project JRF/SRF/Project Assistant/ Research Assistant.
- Desirable Qualifications:Experience in handling Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb) culture and generating Mtb/BCG stains overexpressing candidate proteins or knock-out Mtb/BCG strains, or experience in Bioinformatics, structural biology and drug designing.
iv. Modulation of host immune responses by a PPE protein of Mycobacterium tuberculosis: Understanding its role in host-pathogen cross-talk.
- Duration:06.06.2013 to 05.06.2016
- PI:Dr. Sangita Mukhopadhyay
- Position:Research Assistant - 1
- Emoluments:22,000/- pm + HRA
- Essential Qualifications:As mentioned in minimum qualifications under Project JRF/SRF/Project Assistant/ Research Assistant.
- Desirable Qualifications: Experience in handling Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb) culture and generating Mtb/BCG knock-out stains or Mtb/BCG strains overexpressing candidate proteins, molecular biology work like cloning, expression and purification of various proteins, and proteomics, or experience in Bioinformatics, structural biology and crystallography, drug designing.
Technical Assistant (Temporary) @ Alagappa University
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the appointment of One Temporary Technical Assistant for effective maintenance of highly sensitive lab instruments, computers and to assist lab session for students in Department of Bioinformatics, for the academic year 2015- 2016, under the UGC-Innovative programme purely on temporary basis. The selected candidates will be paid a consolidated pay of Rs. 5,000/- per month. They are not eligible to claim any other benefits except the consolidated pay. Interested candidates may apply to the Coordinator, UGC Innovative Programme, Department of Bioinformatics with their Bio-Data on or before 09th September 2015.
Friday, 21 August 2015
Part-time employees with 65% of the normal weekly working emolument DEPENDING ON Qualifications and delegation by TV-L E13 INITIALLY for 2 years with The Possibility of elongation for two years to complement our highly motivated, young group. Our group Focuses on the study of the development of malignant diseases of the lymphatic system known as malignant lymphoma. Its remit includes the identification of novel oncogenes and tumor suppressors, Which play a central role in the formation of aggressive lymphomas.In the field of translational oncology it is our intention to achieve a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms and pathogenesis of aggressive lymphoma. At the sametime, it is crucial That the findings relevant for patients in diagnostic and therapeutic Consequences for us.
UKM Care: What makes us human
- Very good knowledge in molecular biology and cell biology
- Commitment and interest in basic research
- Strong motivation and a Largely independent workstyle
- Experience in cell biology
- Excellently-equipped laboratories at the highest level
- An international, young and dynamic group
- Intensive training and Comprehensive Care in the hematology / oncology, stem cell biology and Lymphoma Research Field
- Excellent Opportunities for Professional Development
We look forward to receiving your application and ask you to send them quoting the reference number to 31.08.2015 to the management of the University Hospital Münster, Albert-Schweitzer-Campus 1, Building D5, 48149 Münster or application (at) ukmuenster (dot ) de.
- Applications of women are SPECIFICALLY invited. In The Case of similar qualifications, competence, and specific achievements, women will be Considered on preferential terms within the framework of the legal possibilities. Handicapped candidates with equivalent qualifications will be Given preference.