A number of PhD positions are available in internationally recognised research programmes. Students with a BSc (Hons) or other research degree and a strong academic record are invited to apply for PhD study in the broad fields of biochemistry and genetics. Successful candidates will be supported through the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship scheme (NZ$25,000 tax-free stipend per annum, plus tuition fees, for 3 years).
Applications will be handled in two stages. In Stage 1, applicants are required to provide the following:
- Curriculum vitae, including the names of two academic referees.
- Academic transcript (scholarships are highly competitive).
- Indication of up to three projects from the list below for which you want to be considered, ranked in order of preference.
- A half- to one-page statement describing why you wish to study for a PhD in the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Otago, and outlining your broad area of research interest.
Welcome to Otago
Stage 1 applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com. Requests for further information should be directed to the same email address.
- The closing date for applications is 31 March, 2015.
- In Stage 2, shortlisted candidates will be contacted by prospective supervisors, and if successful, invited to make a fully supported application for admission through formal University channels.